August 17, 2012 | by Natesh Sood
Starting today, and continuing over the next few weeks, Sony Xperia P models across the world will begin receiving the Android 4.0 update. While it may not be Android Jelly Bean, the ICS update is still something to be excited about as it brings new features and stability to your Android device.
It is worth noting that the update may not reach everyone at once as a result of carrier differences, but rest assured you will have it within a few weeks from today. Also, users may have to download and install the update through USB with your PC or Mac.
Here is a list of new features Sony Xperia P users can expect to get their hands-on in the coming days:
- New ways to experience your media with new media applications – “WALKMAN”, “Album” and “Movies”
- Extended standby mode, increasing standby time by up to four times (depending on user-profile and data consumption)
- Lock screen with improved functionality
- Resizable widgets for improved personalization
- Improved control of your mobile data consumption
- Recent Apps button for a clear overview of your applications
Sony was also kind enough to reveal which of its products are next to receive the Android ICS update. If you own the Sony Xperia U, Xperia sola, or the Xperia go, then you are next in line to receive the update. Sony mentions that the update will be ready to go shortly, so hang tight, folks!