July 16, 2012 | by Natesh Sood
For owners of the HTC EVO 3D or the HTC EVO Design 4G, Sprint has some great news for you today. Starting in early August, the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update will roll-out to both devices. As with any software OTA roll-out, it will take a few weeks to fully complete, but by the end of August, barring any delays, all EVO 3D and Design 4G devices will be running Android 4.0.
As usual, your phone will prompt you to download the software update when it becomes available and then it will install on its own. New features to both devices include Face Unlock, refined user experience, improved camera app, Chrome web browser, People contacts integration, Google+, and a revamped keyboard.
A full list of changes can be found below. The bottom line here is that the HTC EVO 3D and Design 4G will receive the coveted Android 4.0 update in early August. Sprint will post exact dates in the near future when available.
- A refined, evolved user interface that is simple, beautiful and useful
- Face Unlock: use state-of-the-art facial recognition technology to unlock your phone with a smile
- Redesigned camera app which introduces Scenes like Panorama, and Effects such as Vignette, Depth of Field, Vintage and Posterize
- Web browser now lets you sync Google Chrome™ bookmarks, request full desktop versions of sites, see your open tabs in a new layout
- People: browse friends, family and coworkers, see their photos in high-resolution and check their latest status updates from Google+
- Improved keyboard with incredibly accurate typing, an inline spell checker and improved copy and paste support
- Redesigned Gmail™ app that now lets you swipe between conversations to catch up quickly and search for emails even without a data connection
- Google+ integration that lets you hangout and video chat with up to 10 friends using your front-facing camera