April 16, 2012 | by Charles West
Verizon has great news for those of you out there still rocking a Motorola Droid 2, as you should find an OTA update (v4.5.621) weighing in at 14MB, that will install some bug fixes. This update addresses some issues that includes the phone turning on without any interaction from the user and one that replicates thumbnails in message threads. Luckily, the update will also allow users to be able to save their ringtones for the use of whatever they want to use them for.
If you haven’t received the OTA notice of the update, you can check for it manually by going to Settings > About Phone > System Updates. This shows if the update has arrived and is ready to be installed. Here’s the full change log:
- Device is enabled with the Wireless Alerting System.
- A Google Security Patch has been added to improve security level.
- Fixed issue where the device may power ON without user interaction.
- Adjusted camera settings will be saved, even after the device is powered down.
- Resolved possible device resets while playing music.
- Reduced Out of Memory errors.
Email, Messaging & Data
- Improved ability to access and receive Gmail messages when the Mobile Hotspot is turned on.
- Addressed error that replicated thumbnails in message threads.
Applications & Widgets
- WAV files can be played from Visual Voice Mail.
- Purchased ringtones are now able to be downloaded, saved and used where appropriate.
Tell us how the update went and how the phone works now.