October 6, 2011 | by Andrew Kameka
Androinica.com is a big fan of events and conferences that connect people involved in mobile technology. Next month, such an event will take place in New York City as more than 2,500 people meet up at Apps World North America.
Apps World is a global event series that attracts app developers, wireless carriers, marketing reps, and others involved in the mobile tech world. The event serves as a chance to network and learn about opportunities for your business. App developers can meet people who can distribute their apps or form partnerships, businesses can recruit talent, and companies can showcase their products.
Androinica.com is sponsoring the event and will be on-hand for the North American leg of the App World Series. The event takes place November 1 and 2, 2011, a the Javits Convention Center in New York, NY. Apps World will feature 4 workshops, a exhibition zone with more than 50 participants, and more than 100 speakers from AT&T, Bing, Google TV, Twitter, and Yahoo! to name a few. The Exhibition hall is free, but attendees will need to purchase a ticket to participate in the Workshops (use ANDROID15 when registering to save 15% off the ticket price).
Visit Apps World for ticket information and to see a list of the speakers scheduled to attend.
- 5-10 minute speed networking event that encourages nearby attendees to get to know each other
- Developer panel with discussion and tips on how to successfully monetize or promote an event
- How to best market your business and maintain a good reputation (featuring VP of Sales at Klout, Garth Holsinger)
- Gaming case-study presentation to cover how to build a successful game
- Breakout groups to discuss ideas in small groups
- Tablets vs. phones, a strategy session to see if tablets are worth investing in
- Speakers from Bank of America, Bloomberg, Coca-Cola, GateGuru, MTV, NASA, Social Media Club, and more