September 23, 2011 | by Charles West
Well, it looks like Amazon has a nice little deal for those seeking to snatch up their favorite app on the cheap. This morning I received an email which had details on how you can cash in on a $2 credit on the Amazon Appstore just from tweeting “I just got a $2 credit for Android apps from the @amazonappstore. Click http://amzn.to/tweetapps2 to get yours. #get2″
In order to get in on this deal, users need to follow the rules Amazon laid out below:
- If you are already following @amazonappstore, you are still eligible to receive this promotion if you click the button above.
- When you click the yellow tweet button provided, Amazon.com will automatically tweet the offer message only once on your behalf.
- Although the price shown with the “Get now with 1-Click” or “Buy now with 1-Click” button will not change, your credit will automatically be applied to your purchase.
- After your purchase, you can confirm that the credit was applied by checking your order confirmation, which will be sent to you by e-mail.
- To receive this offer, you must click the button above to follow Amazon Appstore on Twitter and tweet the above message.
- If you receive an error, please refresh the page and try again. If an error persists, please contact Customer Service.
- Offer limited to one promotional credit per Amazon.com customer and account.
- Other restrictions apply.
- Offer valid for a limited time only.
If everything checks out, you’ll have a nice two dollar credit you can put toward any app. For instance, if you want Plants vs. Zombies, which is $1.99 in the Amazon Appstore — it’ll be free of charge with the credit applied. For months, Amazon has been in a controversy with developers, which makes me wonder what devs think about this deal?