July 15, 2011 | by Andrew Kameka
Rogers Wireless has news for anyone in Canada who has been envious of the 3D hype slowly building in Android mobile devices: jealousy can put be to rest this summer.
The Rogers blog has just announced that it will offer both of the 3D Android phones of which you are most familiar. This summer, the LG Optimus 3D and the HTC EVO 3D will be Rogers exclusives in Canada. An exact release date or price has not been revealed, but pre-orders for both devices begin next week. Rogers is also enticing consumers by entering everyone who pre-orders either phone into a special contest. Pre-order the Optimus 3D and you will be entered into a drawing for a 55″ LG Cinema 3D HDTV; EVO 3D buyers could win a $2,500 MasterCard gift card.
While anyone in the U.S. interested in a 3D device has to choose between Sprint (HTC EVO 3D) and AT&T (Optimus 3D as the Thrill 4G), Canadians itching to embrace mobile 3D will have to turn to Rogers. You can get the full contest details on Redboard, but here’s a little information on HTC EVO 3D specs and Optimus 3D specs to help decide which, if either, is right for you.
EVO 3D (click here for more info)
- HTC Sense UI with Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- 4.3-inch touchscreen with qHD display
- 1.2 GHz dual-core processor (Qualcomm)
- Dual 5 MP cameras for 3D recording, 1.3 MP front-facing camera for voice chat
- 4 GB internal memory / 1GB RAM
Optimus 3D (click here for more info)
- LG custom UI with Android 2.2
- 4.3-inch touchscreen with WVGA display
- 1 GHz dual-core processor (TI OMPA 4)
- Dual 5 megapixel cameras for 3D recording
- 8 GB of internal memory