March 22, 2011 | by Andrew Kameka
The Android 3D phone chain has a new link in the the HTC EVO 3D. At Sprint’s conference during CTIA, the Now Network confirmed that the EVO 3D is an upcoming phone sporting a speedy 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon dual-core processor, the first of its kind. As another first, it provides a 4G device with glasses-free 3D on a smartphone.
“[The EVO 4D] performs like a PC and provides a multimedia experience second to none,” CEO Dan Hesse said at CTIA. “Images literally jump off the screen.”
The EVO 3D sports a 4.3-inch screen that has a QHD display, which is used for 2D actions. The stereoscopic display creates a 3D effect when necessary for viewing recorded mobile videos or select video content available on YouTube. Throw in Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) with HTC Sense, 4G WiMax support, 1730 mAh battery, and the ability to act as a hotspot for 8 devices, you’ve got something pretty cool.
Users can watch or record 3D content thanks to a handy toggle located on the side of the device. Dual 5 megapixel cameras are present for filming, but your entertainment options will also be met by YouTube 3D and a partnership with Blockbuster video that will add 3D content. Keep you eye on Androinica for some hands-on impressions shortly.
- 1.3 megapixel front-facing camera for video chat
- 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot capability, supporting up to eight Wi-Fi enabled devices simultaneously
- Android Market™ for access to more than 150,000 useful applications, widgets and games available for download to customize the experience
- Google mobile services such as Google Search™, Gmail™, Google Maps™ with Navigation, Google Calendar, Voice Actions, and YouTube™
- Sprint’s unique implementation of Google Voice, allowing customers to keep their Sprint number and seamlessly move to Google Voice
- Corporate e-mail (Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync®), personal (POP and IMAP) e-mail and instant messaging
- 4GB Internal memory/1GB RAM
- microSD slot (supports up to 32GB memory card)
- Wi-Fi – 802.11 b/g/n
- Stereo Bluetooth®
- Integrated GPS
- 1730 mAh Lithium-ion battery