February 3, 2011 | by Lars Aronsson
Some juicy rumors about a device nicknamed the HTC Pyramid have appeared, and judging from the reported specs, the Taiwanese manufacturer’s next superphone will not disappoint. According to an unnamed source Android and Me has been in contact with, the Pyramid will pack a 4.3-inch touchscreen – the same size as the screen on the Evo 4G. Although HTC is said to have increased the resolution from WVGA to qHD (960×540), which should make everything on the display very crisp and clear.
HTC has always been using Qualcomm chips in its devices, so instead of the Tegra 2 processor that’s so popular these days, HTC is rumored to equip the Pyramid with a dual-core 1.2GHz Snapdragon (MSM8260) CPU with an Adreno 220 GPU. This should mean that HTC’s latest Android monster will be about as powerful as a Tegra 2 phone.
Finally, the HTC Pyramid is rumored to be coming to T-Mobile in May and feature support for HSPA+ networks. Any HTC fans out there who is tempted to make this your next Android phone?
Some of the features the Qualcomm MSM8260 chip supports:
- Scorpion asynchronous dual-CPU cores, up to 1.2GHz for faster response and processing
- Integrated 3G mobile broadband connectivity
- MSM8260 support for HSPA+ networks – up to 14 Mbps downloads and 5.6 Mbps uploads – as well as GSM, GPRS and EDGE
- MSM8660 support for HSPA+ networks – up to 14.4 Mbps downloads and 5.76 Mbps – as well as CDMA2000 1X, 1xEV-DO Rel A/B, GSM, GPRS and EDGE
- Low-power 45nm process technology for higher integration and performance
- High-definition (1080p) video recording and playback up to 30 frames per second
- Multiple video codecs: (MPEG-4, MPEG-2, H.264, H.263, VC-1, DivX, WMV-9, Sorenson Spark, VP6)
- High-performance GPU – up to 88M triangles/sec and 532M 3D pixels/sec and dedicated 3D/2D acceleration engines for Open GLES 2.0 and Open VG 1.1 acceleration
- High-resolution WXGA (1280×800) display support
- 16-megapixel camera support
- Built-in eighth-generation gps engine with Standalone-GPS and Assisted-GPS modes
- Support for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity
- Multiple audio codecs: (AAC+, eAAC+, AMR, FR, EFR, HR, WB-AMR, G.729a, G.711, AAC stereo encode)
- Support for mobile broadcast TV (MediaFLO, DVB-H and ISDB-T)
- Support for Android, Brew Mobile Platform and Windows Phone
Via [Android and Me]