January 26, 2011 | by Michael Heller
Always good to get confirmation on rumors that have been swirling for a while. We knew that the Galaxy Tab 2 and Galaxy S 2 were on the horizon, but now we know that they will be the featured devices in the Samsung keynote at the Mobile World Conference. This new info comes from a handy little PR plan that was leaked and made its way out to the interwebs.
The specs of each device still fall into the rumor territory, but those rumors make both sound pretty sweet. The Galaxy Tab 2 will be the same form factor as the OG Tab, but may be packing:
- Tegra 2 processor
- Gingerbread (with a later upgrade to Honeycomb likely)
- Gorilla glass
- 8MP rear-facing camera capable of 1080p recording, and 3MP front-facing camera
- 64GB HDD, 1GB RAM
- 7″ 2048×1200 Super AMOLED Plus screen
And, the Galaxy S 2 is said to feature:
- 2 GHz processor (Tegra 2 possible)
- 1GB RAM, 4GB ROM
- 4.3″ 1280×720 Super AMOLED Plus screen at 340 dpi
- 8MP rear-facing camera capable of 1080p recording
All in all, a couple very nice looking devices. Can’t wait to get the official report.