January 11, 2011 | by Andrew Kameka
As far as Android games go, Mini Squadron ranks among my favorites. That’s clearly evident based on the glowing app review posted on Androinica back in September.
A sequel to MiniSquadron is now available in the Android Market for $0.99. MiniSquadron Special Edition just debuted with a temporary sale price that adds new levels, planes, and weapons for users to unlock. The temporary sale will end January 17 when the cost will increase to an unnamed price, which will probably be $2.99 based on the cost of the standard MiniSquadron.
The SE edition continues the trend of high-paced airplane dogfights. The game has 8 new levels and 50 new planes to unlock, including a helicopter. It also has new OpenFeint achievements and weapons to keep you interested.
- Intuitive touch controls.
- Stunning graphics and art.
- Over 50 planes to unlock and collect.
- 8 Levels of intense combat.
- 7 different types of weapon to use including BIG Laser!
- Jellyfish, Vampires, Hamsters and Penguins!
- Fluid gameplay systems based on physics
- More than 8 different pick-ups.
- Addictive Multiplier System for advanced players.
- 1 VERSUS 1 Local WiFi Multiplayer.
- Rock out to the genius of Mozart, Beethoven, Tchaichovsky and other dead composers.