November 3, 2010 | by Andrew Kameka
Geodelic and Clear Channel have added to the database in its airport navigation app for Android. FLYSmart is now available for more travelers who want to be able to find places in a terminal without having to wander through the airport to locate points of interest.
FLYSmart acts a Geodelic (aka Sherpa, for T-Mobile customers) app for the airport. Using Geodelic’s familiar carousel approach to displaying locations, the app shows restaurants, bars, ATM’s, gate locations, or even restrooms. All points are shown according to distance and capable of being filtered, so you can find the best place to get a drink just as easily as you can find the nearest restroom or place to purchase a magazine.
Airports are large and potentially tricky places, but FLYSmart provides directions to gates to ease those problems. The free app can even relay flight information directly on your phone. FLYSmart supports a number of airports, including these U.S. locations
- Atlanta Int’l Airport (ATL)
- Chicago Midway Int’l Airport (MDW)
- Chicago O’Hare Int’l Airport (ORD)
- Dallas/Fort Worth Int’l Airport (DFW)
- Denver Int’l Airport (DEN)
- Detroit Metro Airport (DTW)
- Logan Int’l Airport (BOS)
- Los Angeles Int’l Airport (LAX)
- McCarran Int’l Airport (LAS)
- Miami Int’l Airport (MIA)
- Minneapolis-St. Paul Int’l Airport (MSP)
- New York JFK Airport (JFK)
- New York LaGuardia (LGA)
- Philadelphia Int’l Airport (PHL)
- Phoenix Sky Harbor Int’l Airport (PHX)
- Port Columbus Int’l Airport (CMH)
- San Francisco Int’l Airport (SFO)
- Seattle-Tacoma Int’l Airport (SEA).
- Tampa Int’l Airport (TPA)
- Will Rogers World Airport (OKC)