September 22, 2010 | by Lars Aronsson
The official Twitter app – Twitter for Android – has been updated to version 1.04, and while the team of developers at Twitter hasn’t made any release notes available yet, some changes to the main screen are immediately apparent. The trending topics cloud animation has been removed, as well as the little Twitter birdie. In their place are two new buttons: Trends and Search. The menu icons have also been updated, and even though I personally think they’re cleaner and crisper than before, some people seem to prefer the former look.
There are likely more less obvious changes and bug fixes in the underlying machinery of the app included in the new version, but until Twitter posts a changelog, that’s all for now.
Update: Twitter has now posted the release notes:
- Trends and Search added.
- Removed cloud animations.
- Removed bird animation.
- Removed trend bubbles.
- Retweets are now shown in a user’s timeline (include_rts).
- DM “To:” list now opens a list of followers rather than following (You can only DM people who follow you).
- You can now retweet from any timeline.
- Favoriting a tweet now favorites the original tweet rather than a retweet.
- Cleaned up User profile flow UI flow. Each item in the user’s profile is now a touchable target.
- User lists (followers/following) no longer show the latest tweet.
- Followers list is now sorted by most recently followed.
- Following list is now sorted by most recently following.
Via [Android Central]