August 8, 2010 | by Lars Aronsson
Is there someone you just wish would stop calling, but you don’t want to turn off your phone or activate the Airplane Mode, because you still need other people to be able to reach you? Or do you have friends that call you at work all the time? No problemo, since Android lets you send unwanted callers directly to voicemail.
On devices featuring the HTC Sense UI:
- Start the People application.
- Tap on the contact you want to send straight to voicemail.
- Scroll down to the Information category in the resulting screen, and tap on Send to voicemail. You will be asked to confirm the action, press OK and that’s it.
For HTC Sense phones that have yet to receive the Froyo update, the procedure is slightly different:
- Launch the People app.
- Tap on the contact you want to redirect to voicemail.
- Press the Menu button and select Edit.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the list of options and check the Send calls directly to voicemail box.
On devices running Vanilla Android:
- Open the person’s profile in your standard Contacts list.
- Press the Menu button, tap Options and check the Send calls directly to voicemail box under Incoming calls.