April 19, 2010 | by Robert Nelson
According to what appears to be an official and recently leaked flyer — Motorola Devour users should keep an eye out for an update. Sadly though, this will not be the 2.1 update, but instead maintenance. Of course, while not quite as exciting a maintenance update is generally a good thing.
The update is listed as software version “CALANC_X_01.15.08P” and that it will contain “numerous enhancements and improvements.” It should become available sometime this week.
More specifically, those enhancements and improvements will include;
- Improved response time when Menu, Home and Back keys are pressed.
- Adjustments to improve the accuracy of signal strength indicators on the display.
- Stability improvements made to browser, contacts and VCAST Music with Rhapsody applications.
- Multiple enhancements to incoming call performance.
- Volume keys will now function within the Mobile IM application.
- Improvements made to ensure pictures are uploaded in the correct orientation.
Email and Calendar
- Improved functionality to allow users to more easily delete POP3 email accounts.
- changed display when settling up new email accounts, prompting users to use a back slash instead of a forward slash.
- Enhanced Exchange ActiveSync Calendar agenda view to display meeting titles.
- Verizon.net email accounts will now auto-configure.
- Overall improvements to ringer, voice dialing application, and multimedia audio when using a headset.
- DEVOUR 1.15.83 includes updated versions of Google applications.