October 30, 2009 | by Andrew Kameka
The NBA has joined the ranks of sports leagues that offer live mobile viewing options for fans of their respective game. NBA League Pass Mobile, a new Android app from the association, brings unprecedented access to NBA games with the ability to browse scores, watch live games, and replay games on-demand.
That’s the good; now for the bad and the ugly: League Pass costs $39.99 for one season pass and you still may be unable to see a game if local blackout rules apply for poor ticket sales. Sadly, you cannot get this app for free if you already pay for League Pass on satellite or cable.
If you’re turned off by those stipulations, there’s also Game Time and Game Time Lite to ease your pain. The NBA’s other official app costs only $9.99 and offers several features:
- Live scores and stats for players or teams
- Live alerts and radio broadcasts for both teams
- Game previews and summaries
- On-demand video recaps and highlights
- News stories.
And of course, there’s always the free Game Time Lite that has less features. Visit NBA.com for more details on purchasing League Pass.
NBA GAMETIME LITE
* I’m unable to get a QR code for League Pass at the moment. Just search the Market for it and it should come up.