October 22, 2009 | by Andrew Kameka
My baby is one year old. After hundreds of apps and thousands of usage hours, my G1 and Android on the consumer level have made it past 365 days.
How would you rate Android so far? When I was asked that question on the AndroidGuys Podcast, I said “A-” because I focused strictly on the platform. But since devices are so crucial in determining how well a platform works, I would give Android overall a “B.” That score goes down because some devices just aren’t A+ phones, but the Android platform has addressed all of my early complaints, added stuff I didn’t know that I always wanted, and has come a long way this past year. I’m very pleased and hope that the next major advancement will push the envelope even further.
How about you; what grade would you give Android so far? Consider subjects like:
- Content – how good is the “work” (Android apps) being turned in?
- Ease of use - has it become a burden or a blessing?
- Performance – is it meeting your needs for speed and dependability?
- Conduct - is there anything frustrating or annoying about Android?
- Potential - is there anything on the horizon that makes you believe this grade will improve?