July 21, 2009 | by Andrew Kameka
The Sony Ericsson Xperia Android phone has not officially been announced. It hasn’t even graduated from the stages of Internet rumor. However, that hasn’t stopped UK retailer Expansys from listing the device on its website for “pre-ordering” even though it hasn’t even named a price yet.
Expansys has the Xperia listed as an official item on its website complete with technical specs and a couple of computer renderings that match the leaked images we’ve seen in the past two weeks. What are those Android specs?
- 800 x 400 resolution
- 8 megapixel camera with auto-focus, 8x digital zoom, LED Flash, image stabilization, and face detection
- POP3, SMTP, IMAP4, and MS Exchange e-mail support
- VGA Video recording
- 3G dual-band, HSDPA (10 Mbps), HSUPA (2Mbps)
- AGPS and Stereo Bluetooth
- 3.5mm AV connector
- MP3, AAC, eAAC+ audio formats supported
- microSDHC expansion
Stack on some Rachael UI goodness on top of these guts in that great form factor we’ve already seen and you’ve got a contender, kids. Expansys hasn’t released any more information, and Sony Ericsson hasn’t released any, but this would be quite the phone.