December 17, 2008 | by Robert Nelson
While plenty of people would be more than happy to just view the occasional YouTube video there are plenty of people that find that “perfect” video and want to save it for anytime and offline access. Thankfully for them, saving a YouTube video on the G1 is a pretty painless process thanks to the availability of copy and paste. Hint, hint iPhone. Anyway, keep reading for the complete directions:
- Search for the video you want. In the video below, I choose “The Transporter 3 movie trailer”
- Tapp the YouTube link, by default the G1 will prompt 2 options: Browser or YouTube. Chose “Browser”. The reason, to get the YouTube link.
- Tapp “Menu” + “Go to URL”, the YouTube URL should appear http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kodviK1AHdg.
- Press on the keyboard “Menu” + “C” to Copy on the G1
- Go to a website www.keepvid.com
- In the search field press on the keyboard “Menu” + “V” to Paste on the G1, hit Enter
- Slide down and Tapp “›› Download ‹‹ (video.mp4 – High Quality)“. This will open a new window and download the MP4 in your browser history. Disregard the .FLV version as the G1 can’t do Flash Video… yet. (Alternatively, it’s saved on your SD Card under “downloads” folder)